Thursday, September 30, 2010

Updates and a Must-Watch

Hello again, everyone. I'm back for a bit of an update, because I realized how cruel it is of me to deprive anyone of knowledge of my illustrious life.

Acting like an egotist helps me convince myself that people give a shit about me.

Now then, let's start with the fact that I'm finally 21. Yay! I love not having to gaze longingly down the wine and spirits aisle every time I go shopping. Now I only do that two-thirds of the time (I still don't have enough money to drink much), and the rest of the time I go down that aisle and pick something out, show my ID at the check-out, and then try not to look like a totally conspicuous alcoholic. As for my actual birthday, I got to hang out with my best friend. We had so much fun... and mimosas... and she got me the most beautiful cake.

Second thing, I'm getting used to living in Oakland. I had to drop a class I really wanted to take this semester because it was only available at night, and commuting by myself via public transit (which, by necessity, involves a lot of walking) after dark is simply the worst idea in the history of bad ideas. I've realized I was able to make a very similar commute after dark in San Francisco, and most of the time I felt perfectly safe. But those days are over. Frankly, for this reason and a few others, I miss living in the City. And as much as I hate to leave a place once I'm settled, I know I'll eventually have to go back there. Oakland, cheap as it is, is not the place for me.

And speaking of San Francisco, I'm going there this weekend. It's time for Hardly Strictly Bluegrass. Even though I'm going alone this year, it's going to be totally awesome. Why? Because my second favorite band of all time, the Indigo Girls, is going to be there! Holy wow!!! This will be the second time I get to see them on stage, and this time it's FREE!!!! Exclamation points abound! I am so jazzed. Normally when I get to go to a concert, I have this ritual of obsessively listening to the music of whatever performer I'm going to see. And I have been listening to some Indigo Girls, but lately I've had another obsession, and it's a musical one.

Four words: A Very Potter Musical. Heard of it? Well, the whole thing's on youtube, so you've no excuse not to. Here's the first part:



And when you finish loving that, go love A Very Potter Sequel, and a hilarious unrelated (also made by Team Starkid) musical called Me And My Dick. I'm not exaggerating when I say the music in these shows is top-notch. Here's my favorite song from AVPM, just as an example:



Anyway, I highly recommend (insist) you watch these. And then just try and tell me you're not completely in love with Darren Criss's voice. And Joe Walker's... everything. Oh and by the way, Darren Criss is going to be in Glee this season, which is why I've started watching Glee.

Well, I think that's quite enough out of me for tonight. I'll let you know how awesome Hardly Strictly is. Disseperate!

No comments:

Post a Comment